It was now time to turn my attention back to finishing off the walls, and also starting to think about getting power hooked up and some electrics installed. I decided on a couple of pendant lights to hang down over the actual bar top.

IMG_1371 IMG_1370 IMG_1369



Given that the shed heats up to a ridiculous temperature in summer, as well as all the insulation, the plan is to have an air conditioner and a ceiling fan in the bar / gym side. Picking a good spot for the AC unit, I cut an appropriate hole in the wall of the shed and then built a mounting frame for the AC and installed it.




Now that I had the fridge, and knew its exact dimensions, I could finish the job of boxing in the corner and the bottom of the bulkhead with drywall. I also wanted some down lights to shine down on the bar back, so I mounted these while I was at it.

IMG_1415 IMG_1414 IMG_1413 IMG_1409


After a few more hours of drywalling, the fridge surround was complete.



it was then time to put the finishing touches on the bulkhead. After test fitting all the stuff I wanted to put into it, I cut the appropriate surrounds out of ply and stuck it all together. The colour? Blue of course.



After many more hours of plastering and sanding, I finally fitted some cornices to the roof of the floor boarded area and prepped it all for a coat of paint.



I ended up choosing a light shade of grey for the walls. I figured this would go well with the blue features, and would also hide a bunch of grubby finger marks which will no doubt end up on it. The goal ultimately is to have most of the walls covered by memorabilia, so I wasn’t overly concerned with the finished quality. I finished off the bottoms with some gloss white mouldings to contrast with the jarrah flooring.

IMG_1478 IMG_1477 IMG_1476


Working around to the wall behind the bar, I continued with the drywall.

IMG_1494 IMG_1495IMG_1496


Cheers for looking, dan.